Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Quick Thoughts on Oklahoma Game

The Clones are taking on 5th ranked Oklahoma later on today and to be brutally honest with all of you, I don't have a good feeling about this one. Actually, I have mixed emotions. Hear me out.

I'm positive because there is absolutely no way that ISU's offensive production can be as bad as it has been the past two games again. The starting back court has combined for 12 points in two games. Lucca has been terrible. Things have to improve. It's inevitable. I think that Lucca will hit some shots today and start to break out of his slump.

I'm negative because other than Craig Brackins and Lucca, there really is nobody on this team who has proven that they can step up and score points consistently. Justin Hamilton has flirted with being consistent but the match-up today certainly doesn't favor the freshman. DG has been horrible lately and has no confidence. Peterson is a role player. Off the bench, I don't see anybody capable of scoring 15 points. In order to pull an upset today, the Clones have to have three players produce offensively. Brackins will do it. I have a feeling Lucca will hit some shots.

Who is that third guy? Does he exist?

I hope so.
0 comments:

Post a Comment