Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

The WB Links: Sunday Night

Active day on the Cyclone Recruiting Front. Paul Clark at CycloneRepot.com once again has things covered on that end. It is worth noting the verbal of Jake Knott (link from DSM Register here,) who comes from the powerhouse Waukee program that produced yours truly as well (and Paul Clark for that matter). Although, my skills were not deemed necessary and I opted to play golf instead. Plus, I'm sure Waukee football coach Scott Carlson prefers guys with 6'3 225 pound frames like Knott's and not my frame which is not quite as conducive to football success.  

A little insight on Knott- he moved to Waukee from Kansas City as an 8th grader and is also an extremely impressive baseball player. (He had an offer from Iowa to play baseball.) By all accounts a great kid and great athlete. 

Poll Speak is an awesome web-site that analyzes the various polls and how individual pollsters voted. As mentioned in the podcast, Mike Hlas of the CR Gazette voted Utah #1 in his AP Poll (along with 15 other voters). While, Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstriet voted the Utes fifth. 

Don't show this to Craig Brackins. This study via the KC Star shows that rebounding is the leading source of basketball injuries.  Way down the list of injury sources was Reggie Evans.




Speaking of NBA, I'm obligated to point out my Orlando Magic won again tonight, defeating the Spurs 105-98. The boys in blue are 30-8. My goal is to get one more fan from the midwest to follow the Magic. It will happen.

President-elect Obama, the friend of Utes fan's everywhere.


And finally tonight, these wackjobs get married at a Taco Bell. I think I'd rather have Reggie Evans grab me in the junk than attend a wedding at a Taco Bell.
0 comments:

Post a Comment