Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

I Wouldn't Hire Bob Knight...

So the General is talking about making a return to coaching. Yesterday, Knight was quoted saying that if the "right situation" came open; he'd love to coach again. I'd love to see him coach another time. Bob Knight is one of my favorite sports personalities of all-time. Luckily for Knight, he works at ESPN. Yesterday, the worldwide leader reported information about Knight's possible return from an anonymous source. I guarantee you that Knight was the guy feeding this story information. This happens all the time in sports. If a sports figure, usually a big-name, wants/needs something to happen, they call their best friend in the media to file one of these reports. So yesterday, Knight went on the ESPN gauntlet of interviews throwing his name out into the mix for not only the Georgia job, but also any other soon-to-be opening throughout the country.

Though I love the General, I wouldn't hire him if I were a modern day athletic director. Not only is he old, he hasn't been a consistent winner for quite some time. The one thing that Knight can bring to a program right now is a big name. If a program was having problem selling some tickets, bring him on. After all, that's what Tech did when the hired him.

Other than that, I say away from the greatest college basketball coach of all-time.
0 comments:

Post a Comment