Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Missouri 77, Iowa State 46 - Brief Analysis

Well, our dreams of the Clones starting off the Big 12 season 2-1 were shattered quickly today. That game was flat out nasty. There is one obvious standout statistic.

13-25 --- That was Mizzou from behind the arch. Six different Tigers hit threes in the game including freshman Marcus Denmon, who went 4-6 and dropped 16 points on Iowa State.

It's really kind of tough to break this down considering Missouri would have realistically had a chance to beat anybody in the conference today with that type of shooting.

Iowa State just could not score today. The Clones were 2-17 from 3-point range and shot 33% from the field otherwise. Brackins ended with 10. Garrett scored 10 and Justin Hamilton of all people scored 13.

I thought that Garrett actually played pretty well considering the pressure that Mizzou put on him all day long. Only one turnover and five assists. That is a positive (I guess).

In the end, I can't sit here and be optimistic about a 31 point loss. I'm just not going to do it.

Blum and I were poking fun at Colorado earlier this week after the Tigers beat them by 45. State just lost in Columbia by 31.

Is Missouri really that good, or is Iowa State really in Colorado's company?

Enough of comparing scores though. This same Missouri team just lost to Nebraska (who ISU beat) one week ago.

Sorry for the rambling. I don't really have my thoughts together yet. I'm going to go sulk for a while.
1 comments:

I don't know if there is a stat...but my guess is teams that have two guys get career highs in the same game probably have as much chance of losing as I have with Jessica Alba...not much.


Post a Comment