Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Kansas 82, Iowa State 67 - Instant Analysis

I hate to break it to you Clones but I have to write this. The fan in me wants Craig Brackins (42 points, 14 rebounds) to come back next season. Every other part of me thinks that he should go pro. That’s the nature of the beast anymore with the NBA. He needs to make his money while he can. Remember Reggie Evans at Iowa? Dude was a lottery pick. Didn’t go after his junior year and then didn’t get drafted after the next season. This year’s freshman class is about the weakest you’ll ever see and if Brackins keeps putting up double-doubles, his stock will continue to rise.

It’s safe to say that today was far and away the worst game in Diante Garret’s basketball career in Ames. In every phase of the game, DG was terrible. Just awful. That says a lot too coming from me. I’ve always been a DG guy. Honestly, I don’t think that I’ve ever written a bad thing about him until right now. That performance today was dreadful. Having said that, DG does have some intangibles that simply make him way too valuable to just write off for the next two years. He couldn’t finish if his life was depending on it but his ability to get to the basket has continued to impress me. Again though, that means nothing if he can’t score.

I have no idea why Dominique Buckley isn’t playing. Especially on DG’s days like today. I know that the staff still likes Buckley. They’ve always high on him.

I think that the KU defense did a phenomenal job of shutting down Lucca today. He simply couldn’t get open. That killed us today.

I’m tired of reading message board threads where some old guy writes “back when I was at Iowa State, the student section was so much better.”

Who cares? Why rip the students for bad play on the floor? That’s ridiculous.

We’ll have another podcast up for your sometime on Sunday probably.
2 comments:

8-36 shooting today from anyone on ISU not named Craig. That is just plain awful. If anyone else shows up for ISU to play alongside Brackins, this would have been a game. He can't tow this team himself.


Exactly 8-36 is brutal. It's too bad he had almost no help...offense or defense. That was an all-time performance for CB.


Post a Comment