Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Cyclone Fans: Time to Start Sweating

I had a high school double-header to call last night and when I got home, I tuned into the second half of the Iowa State-Colorado game on ESPN360.com. I wish that I didn't. I was so frustrated with Iowa State's 55-49 loss to Colorado that I couldn't fall asleep until close to 2 AM Iowa time. The problem is that I do morning drive for my radio station meaning I'm at work by 5 AM.

This season is becoming frustrating on so many levels. First of all, what in the world has happened to Lucca? Ever since that six trey outburst against Nebraska, he's been terrible. That's beside the point.

My main problem with what's going on this season is how I feel the Clones are wasting what could be Craig Brackins' last year in college. Maybe, maybe not. If he'll go pro is still up for debate but I'd hate to throw a player like that's final year down the tube with three conference victories.

All it takes is one other guy to step up and play well. Lucca, DG, Brian Peterson. I don't really care. SOMEBODY else has to step up to help this guy out. The last four minutes of that game last night pushed me to my limit.

Meanwhile, the Clones get Oklahoma on Saturday in Hilton. Two of the best players in the conference (Brackins and Blake Griffin) will match-up and that should be a treat for everyone in attendance.

We'll have more up on the site later today including our picks for tonight and possibly a new podcast. I need to talk to Blum to see if he's going to be able to record. Have a good day!
0 comments:

Post a Comment