Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Monday WB Links

It's currently around 9:30 on Monday morning and I'm still in shock that the Arizona flippin Cardinals are going to be playing in the Super Bowl. Are you kidding me? My Vikings dismantled that same team 35-14 in week 15.

As a Vikings fan, you wanna know what really gets me spitting mad? The fact that in the past 10 years, three former Viking coordinators have led other teams to Super Bowls, those being Tony Dungy, Brian Billick and now Mike Tomlin. While those guys are winning rings, us Vikings fans are stuck with guys like Mike Tice and Brad Childress. Unbelievable.

Now that I've blown off some steam, we'll get to some links for today.

There was an interesting article in Saturday's Ames Tribune featuring Iowa State junior Charles Boozer. This is one guy who I constantly root for. It was so neat when Iowa State offered him a scholarship back in the day. Obviously, he's the younger brother of NBA All-Star Carlos Boozer and frankly has been hidden in his shadows for some time. The entire family was so proud with Charles signed with the Clones. It was a huge deal and the Boozers are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I wish Charles nothing but the best.

There's been a lot of talk latley about the horrible attendance at both Iowa and Iowa State home basketball games this year. On the Hawkeye side of things, Athletic Director Gary Barta is not blaming head coach Todd Lickliter. Iowa State should have a strong showing on Saturday afternoon against Kansas. The defending national champs are in town and the 1PM start time is fan-friendly. I know this might read a bit crazy after a nasty 31-point loss, but I really think that Iowa State has a legitimate shot to pull off an upset on Saturday. Just a feeling.

GTG...have a good Monday.
0 comments:

Post a Comment