Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Florida Fans and Nebraska Fans: They Both Suck, Plus Your Tuesday AM WB Links

I went to Florida to visit Blum last week. Unfortunatley, we had to watch the BCS Championship Game with a bunch of Gator fans. I'd rather have one of my two-front teeth ripped out with rusty tweezers than ever have experience such a thing again.

Anyways, I write another blog at KMAland.com. I get a lot of mail from it. Yesterday, one man wrote this to me.

Hey Chris, who's worse Nebraska fans of Gators Fans? Those Huskers fan are still talking about there Bowl win! It makes me sick. Go K-state. Glad your back.

Now, here is how I responded.That's a tough one but I'd have to say Gator fans are worse. I think that in 1997, Nebraska fans would have won the battle. The thing is, with there down years, I have to hand it to Nebraska fans. They seem a lot more realistic to me now. For the most part, they don't expect a national title every year and frankly, I appreciate their enthusiasm for the sport.

The big difference between Nebraska and Florida fans is pretty simple to me. Nebraska fans are always going to be there. The Huskers have pretty much hit rock bottom (for their standards) with the Bill Callahan saga and they continually filled Memorial Stadium. Florida fans are there because their dominance. I have a feeling if they went 6-6 for a couple of years in a row, the enthusiasm would drop.

In fact, our waiter while watching the game the other night told me "they only reason these people are here is because they're good. I hate Florida fans."It is noteworthy that this guy was a Florida State graduate. No bias there right?

I did have another experience that proved this theory. Our tour guide while kayaking thought it was cool that I am a sportscaster. We started talking sports while dodging manatees and I asked him if he was a Florida fan."Go Seminoles," he replied.I asked him why."I can't stand Florida fans.

That's pretty much the only reason," he said.If a guy who kayaks for a living tells you something, you listen.In the end, as the headline indicates, both fan bases suck to have to be around on a consistent basis.

Period.

Now, for this morning's links. Things are bound to get a little bit nutty in the state of Kansas tonight.

Who is a bigger screw up than Pac Man Jones? Okay, nobody is a bigger screw up than Pac Man but Missouri basketball player Leo Lyons is attempting to give him a run for his money.

Florida State defensive back Myron Rolle is the total opposite.

That's it for now. Have a great day!
0 comments:

Post a Comment