Williams and Blum Podcast
A blog and podcast on the Iowa State Cyclones and so much more.
Blum's Twitter Cyclones.com CF ESPN Williams Twitter Rivals.com

Friday Morning WB Links


Do you love sports betting?

I used to. Frankly, that was a problem for me in college. I probably did it too much. Normally I did it with money though. Here's a story about an Oklahoma senator who was forced to sing the Elton John classic "Rocketman" because his Sooners lost BCS championship game. I don't have a problem with the bet. It was just good clean fun but my God, why Elton John. That had to be humiliating.

Above: Keep reading for my thoughts on Captain Kirk.
If you follow my writing at all, you know that I'm a bit of a basketball recruiting guru. It's a real passion of mind and I keep track of it all over the country. A lot of times people ask me how young is too young for a kid to be recruited? Seventh grade is too young. Not anymore according to this story coming out of Maryland.

So Iowa football coach Kirk Ferentz is on the verge of a contract extension huh? I'm sure that's going to go over well with all of the other state employees who are on the verge of being laid off at anytime because of the state of our economy. Ferentz already makes $2.84 million per season. If in fact Ferentz gets a raise and doesn't dash for the NFL, he better give that running back named Greene a little bonus.

More on the Hawks. They're having a tough time getting people to Carver Hawkeye Arena. Wonder why?

The Big 12 just got a lot tougher for next footall season. The Kansas City Star reports.

I'll have an audio preview for Saturday's Iowa State @ Missouri match-up posted later today.
0 comments:

Post a Comment